- Choose a project idea
- Pick the components that you need
- Assemble the code and build
- Try it on container run it on hardware
Lets say my project Idea is
Project Idea: I want to unlock a door with Face recognition.
Image is interactive, Click on the Image to see the components in detail.
You can code, build and deploy Shunya AIoT using
- Docker containers
- Shunya supported ARM (armv7 & armv8) Development boards
- Good Internet Connection
- Docker Installed on your system.
- Pull the Shunya OS docker image
- Run the docker container
Pull shunya OS docker image, by running command in the terminaldocker pull shunyaos/shunya-console-armv7:latest
Run the docker container, by running command in the terminaldocker run -it shunyaos/shunya-console-armv7:latest
This will bring you to Terminal inside the docker container.
Now you can download, build and run the code using inside the docker container.
- Shunya OS supported Development board (RaspberryPi 4)
- Power supply for the board (5V 3A power supply for RaspberryPi 4)
- microSD card
- microSD card Reader
- First we load Shunya OS on your board.
- Boot up Shunya OS
Etcher allows you to Flash Shunya OS on the micro-SD card.
Installing Etcher is Simple, download the executable file and Run.
- Download balenaEtcher for Linux.
- Extract the zip file.
- Run AppImage
Download Shunya OS
Extract Downloaded zip file, by Right clicking on the downloaded zip file and selecting "Extract Here".
.imgfile in the extracted folder contains Shunya OS.
Insert SD card with Card reader.
Open Etcher program.
Click Select Image.
Select Shunya OS file
Shunya OS released in 3 variants
- tiny - Extremely Small footprint image use only for final deployment.
- minimal - Small footprint image use only for final deployment testing.
- console - Full console only image use only for development.
At this stage it is recommended that you use console variant
Your SDCard should be auto detected in Etcher.
Click on Flash.
Now Etcher will load the Shunya OS on your SD card.
Now you can boot up the Shunya OS on your board.
- Insert the micro-SD card into the board.
- Connect peripherals like Keyboard, Mouse and HDMI monitor.
- Connect Power Supply.
The board should boot up with Shunya OS.
Login with these credentials:
- Username : shunya
- Password : shunya
- This will bring you to Terminal inside the board.
- Now you can download, build and run the code using inside the board.
For our example idea we would have to pick, these components
- Each of these components contain the steps to code, compile and run.
- Following these steps will lead to our example idea getting implemented in code.